Website Oasis Hospice and Palliative Care
Music Therapy is the clinical and evidence-based use of music intervention to accomplish individualized goals by a credentialed professional who has completed an approved music therapy program. Music Therapy is an established health profession in which music is used within a therapeutic relationship to address physical, emotional, cognitive, and social needs of individuals. After assessing the strengths and needs of each client, a qualified music therapist provides the indicated treatment.
Indicated treatments might include creating, singing, moving to, and/or listening to music. Through music involvement in the therapeutic context, clients’ abilities are strengthened and transferred to other areas of their lives. Music therapy also provides avenues for communication that can be helpful to those who find it difficult to express themselves in words. Research supports music therapy’s effectiveness in many areas such as: overall physical rehabilitation and facilitating movement, increasing people’s motivation to become engaged in their treatment, providing emotional support for clients and their families, and providing an outlet for expression of feelings and non-verbal communication.
MUSIC THERAPIST’S OBLIGATIONS
- Attend, at Oasis Hospice’s request, meetings related to patient care and cooperate with skilled nursing facility/patient/caregivers/hospice in developing, reviewing, or revising a patient’s plan of care.
- Hold and maintain current licenses, certificates, and permits required by law for the provision of Services pursuant to Terms of Employment, and provide Oasis Hospice with proof of same, upon request.
- Provide Oasis Hospice on a timely basis, with documentation of all care and services provided to patients, including accurate records of all visits made and hours of services provided, and such documentation will be placed in the electronic clinical record. Music Therapist must prepare and maintain accurate and complete reports and other documentation in accordance with state and federal laws and regulations and policies and procedures. Such records will be the property of Oasis Hospice.
- Be informed on all current Medicare, Medicaid, similar government programs, and other third-party coverage requirements for services provided pursuant to this Agreement.
- Adhere to infection control guidelines in accordance with Center for Disease Control guidelines and as set forth under applicable federal law.
- Provide in-service instruction and education as Oasis Hospice reasonably requests.
- Be familiar with Oasis Hospice policies and standards related to emergency procedures, communication with staff, grievance procedures, ethical concerns, confidentiality, patient/caregiver rights, and safety and infection control.
- Immediately notify Oasis Hospice with respect to any formal allegation (including any complaint, indictment, or initiation or proceedings) made against Music Therapist before any court of law or licensing or regulatory agency or authority.
- Immediately report to Oasis Hospice of all alleged violations involving mistreatment, neglect, or verbal, mental, sexual, and physical abuse, including injuries of unknown source, and misappropriation of patient property.
- Visit period and episode of care, as used in this Agreement, are defined as one music therapy session provided by Music Therapist.
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- 401(k) matching
$40,000.00 – $50,000.00 per year
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org