In Home Hospice Care
Hospice Chicago Serving Cook, Will & DuPage Counties in Illinois
OASIS MISSION STATEMENT
Oasis Hospice & Palliative Care, Inc. believes in affirming life. We exist to be a sanctuary and a refuge for our patients and their families thereby improving the quality of life for our patients who are dealing with life-limiting illnesses.
What is Hospice?
The video below will give you a better idea on what hospice actually is, why would you need it, when do you need it, and how to reach us.
Oasis is a palliative care center that is well-structured, well-organized, and compassionate. The owner and his employees are extremely professional, knowledgeable, and considerate of your time and beliefs. My loved... read more
September 30, 2021
I cannot say enough positive about this team. My father's team was Lois and Blessing. It was a honor to meet them both. They encapsulate the true meaning of... read more
April 26, 2022
Frequently Asked Questions
Hospice provides an interdisciplinary team of health care professionals:
• Physician: The primary care physician remains an important part of the patient’s care. With their input, the hospice medical director and the hospice team will coordinate care.
• Nursing: The registered nurse case manager is responsible for assessing and managing a patient’s care.
Social Work: The hospice social worker has in-depth knowledge and expertise in ethnic, cultural and economic diversity; including liaising with family and support networks.
• Spiritual Support: The hospice chaplain is available to provide counsel and spiritual support for our patients and their families. They are able to request the assistance of all faith clergies to meet the unique needs of a patient and their family.
• Music Therapy: Using music to professionally address physical, emotional, cognitive and social needs, music therapy can be used to attend to goals for the hospice patient in a non-threatening manner. Such hospice specific goals can be to alleviate pain, decrease anxiety, enhance memory and encourage self-expression.
• Hospice Aide: Hospice aides provide personal care under the direction of a registered nurse. Care includes assistance with activities of daily living such as bathing, hair and mouth care.
• Additional Team members are Dietitians, Pharmacists, Volunteers, Physical, Speech and Occupational therapists.