In Home Hospice Care
Hospice Chicago Serving Cook, Will & DuPage Counties in Illinois
OASIS MISSION STATEMENT
Oasis Hospice & Palliative Care, Inc. believes in affirming life. We exist to be a sanctuary and a refuge for our patients and their families thereby improving the quality of life for our patients who are dealing with life-limiting illnesses.
What is Hospice?
The video below will give you a better idea on what hospice actually is, why would you need it, when do you need it, and how to reach us.
I have known Oasis for many years, since they even came to be, but only just recently had the chance to work with them. I already knew from the outside... read more
January 15, 2021
It gives me great pleasure to write this review about the extraordinary team of people who stood by me and my family during my brother Jearl L Wood Sr. transition... read more
September 1, 2021
I would like to express my heartfelt thanks to Oasis Hospice and Palliative Care for doing a fantastic job of taking care of my mom during her illness. After the... read more
November 21, 2021
I've admired Oasis for a long time, from their inception, but I've only lately got the opportunity to work with them. Others were well aware of the tremendous talent and... read more
July 13, 2021
I used this hospice for a family member based on my patients rec. who have used them. My experience was superb. Each & every employee Was very patient & compassionate.... read more
March 23, 2021
Thank you to the Oasis team in Mokena! Registering my grandmother into hospice was a difficult decision for my family. When we came across Oasis, we were relieved. At one... read more
July 19, 2021
Frequently Asked Questions
Hospice provides an interdisciplinary team of health care professionals:
• Physician: The primary care physician remains an important part of the patient’s care. With their input, the hospice medical director and the hospice team will coordinate care.
• Nursing: The registered nurse case manager is responsible for assessing and managing a patient’s care.
Social Work: The hospice social worker has in-depth knowledge and expertise in ethnic, cultural and economic diversity; including liaising with family and support networks.
• Spiritual Support: The hospice chaplain is available to provide counsel and spiritual support for our patients and their families. They are able to request the assistance of all faith clergies to meet the unique needs of a patient and their family.
• Music Therapy: Using music to professionally address physical, emotional, cognitive and social needs, music therapy can be used to attend to goals for the hospice patient in a non-threatening manner. Such hospice specific goals can be to alleviate pain, decrease anxiety, enhance memory and encourage self-expression.
• Hospice Aide: Hospice aides provide personal care under the direction of a registered nurse. Care includes assistance with activities of daily living such as bathing, hair and mouth care.
• Additional Team members are Dietitians, Pharmacists, Volunteers, Physical, Speech and Occupational therapists.