Website Oasis Hospice and Palliative Care
Job Title/Position: Licensed Practical Nurse
Reports To: Clinical Supervisor
Supervised By: Registered Nurse
JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY
The Licensed Practical Nurse is responsible for providing direct patient care under the
supervision of a registered nurse. Responsibilities include following the plan of care, providing
treatments, and working collaboratively with the members of the team to help meet positive
patient care outcomes.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS/RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provides direct patient care as defined in State Nurse Practice Act, including specialized
duties related to end of life care.
- Implements current nursing practice following a comprehensive assessment and the plan of
- Provide accurate and timely documentation of patient services to reflect the plan of care.
- Assess and provide patient and family/caregiver education and information pertinent to
diagnosis and self plan of care.
- Participates in coordination of hospice services, appropriately reporting the identified needs
to the interdisciplinary group. Examples include hospice aide, OT, PT, SW, Dietician or
- Uses and prepares equipment and supplies effectively, adhering to aseptic technique.
- Provides appropriate pain/symptom management. Evaluates patient’s response to
- Participates in personal, professional growth and development. Also participates in
Agency’s quality assessment performance improvement teams and activities.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the registered nurse.
The above statements are intended to be a representative summary of the major duties and
responsibilities performed by incumbents of this job. The incumbents may be requested to
perform job-related tasks other than those stated in this description.
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- 401(k) matching
- Flexible schedule
$30 -$32 per hour
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com